Julian Frecklington - Principal
Julian Frecklington is a strategic advisor, business leader and company director who specialises in property, construction and infrastructure.
Over his 20 year career, Julian has developed a unique combination of public and private sector experience, and has held senior roles including COO of UrbanGrowth NSW, National Manager at Stockland, property lawyer at Clayton Utz, and strategy consultant at Bain & Company.
Julian is a member of the Advisory Council for School Infrastructure NSW (overseeing a $6b investment program) and is a member of the expert review panels for both INSW and Projects Victoria.
Core Competency 1: Public and private sector experience
Julian specialises in facilitating complex interactions between government and industry. This includes helping clients to deliver major real estate and infrastructure projects such as new metro stations, schools, hospitals and mixed-use precincts.
Core Competency 2: Corporate Strategy & Governance
Julian has a background in strategy consulting and has worked with Boards to transform organisations, introduce new executive management and deliver business objectives.
Core Competency 3: Leadership & Financial Management
Julian is an experienced COO. He has managed over 250 staff, HR and risk functions, and overseen operations to deliver annual EBIT of $200m and $1.2 billion in capital transactions.
Core Competency 4: Innovation and entrepreneurship
Julian is passionate about making cities more productive, liveable and sustainable. He is an advocate for entrepreneurship and is a co-founder of a technology start-up.
- 2016: Frecklington Advisory - Principal
- 2013: UrbanGrowth NSW - COO and Acting CEO
- 2007: Stockland - National Mgr, Development & Funds Mgmt
- 2006: Pacific Capital Partners - Development Executive
- 2003: Clayton Utz - Property & Finance Lawyer
- 2001: Multiplex - Development Executive
- 2000: Bain & Company - Strategy Consultant
- 1998: Multiplex - Construction Engineer
Education & Qualifications
- 2016: Harvard Leadership Program for Senior Executives
- 2015: Graduate, Australian Institute of Company Directors
- 2014: MBA, MGSM (Vice Chancellor’s Award & Dean’s Merit List)
- 2001: Solicitor of the NSW Supreme Court & NSW College of Law
- 2000: Bachelor of Law, University of NSW
- 1999: Bachelor of Civil Engineering (Hons 1), University of NSW
- 1995: Sydney Grammar School, Vice-Captain and Australian Rower